[RE-wrenches] Battery Automatic Watering

jeff Wongstrom info at thirstylakesolar.com
Sat Dec 12 09:44:11 PST 2009

Roy,

After reading the tip about herbicide sprayers on the wrench list a
few years ago I also use and recommend sprayers for battery
watering.  With systems that I install that include a wet cell
battery I provide and install the following 'Battery Safety and
Maintenance Kit':

		Fire extinguisher- C rated
		Smoke alarm
		Large orange bag of baking soda(Costco)
		1G modified sprayer with 'Batteries -  Distilled Water Only!!'
written on the top side in large letters.

At one time the kit was optional, now it is included for $40-50.

I am also a fan of the big red amp and volt read out of the Trimetric
and include one in every system, preferably located in the living
room or kitchen.

Thirsty Lake Solar
Jeff Wongstrom
NABCEP Certified Solar Installer