[RE-wrenches] Old dual SW4048 system problem

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Dec 2 10:56:05 PST 2009

We are finishing an upgrade on a similar system with a pair of SW4024s.
I decided to keep the SWs for generator charging, and as a backup's backup.
We then added a pair of Outbacks GVFXs for sell. The SWs only get powered up for generator charging, or if the Outbacks quit.
Interesting thing about this arrangement, is that you could sell generator power to the grid. Obviously stupid, but it would work.
The customer was an electrical engineer and he liked the concept of not pulling out the SWs.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer