[RE-wrenches] SW 4024 now grid tie

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Nov 18 22:38:21 PST 2009

There is no reason that the two inverters need to work as a team.

We have a system in operation since 2002 with a SW4048 and an SW5548 and 4200W of PV in a GTWB setup. Both have SWGTIs. The two inverters are not stacked, as they support different subpanels and load profiles and there are no 240V loads. The 4048 is set to sell, the 5548 only to float. The 4048 can charge and EQ from the grid at 30A AC, the 5548 is limited to 5A grid input. The 4048 is the workhorse, both buying and selling, and the 5548 primarily runs house loads. Works like a charm, and the two inverters don’t fight each other.

Allan Sindelar

Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer

EE98J Journeyman Electrician