[RE-wrenches] Installation Environment, Mold

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Wed Nov 18 19:30:11 PST 2009

Randy,

        I'm a small time installer but have installed a system at a sewer
pumping plant, the contents of which are open to the atmosphere.  The system
is only some three years old so does not represent much of a test case.
However, before one would be too concerned about the problems your
prospective customer is expressing, I would look at wind direction,
proximity and whether the PVs will be close to a roof or a "Top-of-Pole"
type installation to assess adequate ventilation, maybe whether or not other
factors may contribute such as coastal environment.  Maybe most important,
does he have any mold-growth issues at his place currentl?

        Just some thoughts.

Bill Battagin

Feather River Solar Electric
4291 Nekson St.