[RE-wrenches] generator unbalance

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Nov 11 10:54:12 PST 2009

We added a T-240 transformer to step down voltage, 240 to 120 VAC into an
older system with a SW4024 this summer, and had input lead balancing issues
till OB had us pull the neutral from the generator to the x-former. This
cleared up some of the issue but not all of it. We even swapped out the
transformer and installed an OB X240 transformer and the issue persisted
identically, with and without the neutral from the generator to the
transformer hooked up.

OB, Koehler and myself are still trying to figure out the reason for this
unbalance. We are getting 22 amps /11amps on the 230VAC input to the
x-former. Switching the input leads does not change the unbalance.

Any thoughts out there?

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc
www.solarwork.com
E - dana at solarwork.com
V - 970.626.5253
F - 970.626.4140
C - 970.209.4076

I will be the shift in how the world uses power! - Dana Orzel