[RE-wrenches] Solar for greenhouse root-zone heating

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Tue Nov 10 13:18:53 PST 2009

Joel,

We have done this with hot air into a gravel bed and Hydronic into concrete
slab and into the grow bed. All were designed around the root zone concept.

All work well and different installations for different existing conditions
and also getting in before the green space was built and having a boiler for
backup. The installations varied with the construction of the space: [2]
were all plastic double wall and [1] was  north, east, & west wall R-30
framed construction and south glazed. Elevations varied [2] were @
5000+FT.EL and one at 9500FT.EL. different of collectors were used. Lots of
variables and all have achieved the desired heating.

I personally like the Flat plate-Hydronic with the boiler backup into the
slab or gravel bed method best.

If you want to discuss further, call tomorrow 8 - 5MST would be better.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

I will be the shift in how the world uses power! - Dana Orzel