[RE-wrenches] butyl on a roll

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:27:42 PST 2009

Wrenches,

We've used the double-sided Eternabond on metal roofs for attaching
LFeet and flashing boots.  Seems a great product for this application,
but it is a bit pricey.  I'm glad to see the other products listed
hear and Davids cost comparison.

One anecdotal evidence of the seal provided by the Eternabond, is that
we had some short lag screws mixed in our job box, and used one to
attach an Lfoot.  It did not make adequate penetration into the
structural members, and we had to to back it out  and put in the
correct (longer) lag.  The threads on the lag we backed out were so
covered with the eternabond goo that we had throw away the lag bolt
rather than fowl anything and everything that came in contact with it.

Cheers
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar