[RE-wrenches] "Name that solar module" guessing game!

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Fri Oct 23 13:34:23 PDT 2009

The modules are not officially "failed", but 16 of the 18 units are
noticeably yellowed, and total array output is about 45% diminished from
probable power ratings for these mystery modules.

Since I cannot conclusively identify them without a climbing harness, an
intrepid helper and a padded outfit...I'm going with the replies which I
found most convincing:

To Dave Katz...because he's never been wrong since our first phone
conversations back in 1984: You have my permission to take the rest of the
day off...if you can clear that with your employer.

To Jay Peltz...because I think Kyocera is right but he failed to suggest a
model number: Take off an hour early today...if you can clear that with your
boss.

...and to Bob-O-Schultz who convincingly suggested brand, model, approximate
vintage, and even furnished a history lesson, here are the Bonus Points: You
have my permission to take not only the rest of today off, but the rest of
the entire work week as well...if you can, you know...

Thanks for all who helped out. End this thread, please, to reduce noise on
the List.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com