[RE-wrenches] Outback FNDC relay

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Oct 16 16:03:17 PDT 2009

I've had every issue stated in this string w/the FNDC, however the fix is easy - disconnect the blasted thing from genset control as others have said and rely on the MATE's AGS and AUX relay that work great to do most anything the FNDC will do except for massive headaches. Some Gensets are looking for a 12Vdc signal for starting and that allows use of the AUX output w/o an additional relay. I have left the field FNDC's connected just for data logging and not control, but will no longer spec them in my systems. The FNDC is trying to be smarter than it really is and fails miserably.

K.I.S.S.

-jeff o