[RE-wrenches] Shell Solar RV20 PV charge controller

David Katz dkatz at aeesolar.com
Tue Oct 13 13:37:50 PDT 2009

Randy
Some of the RV20 charge controls were made by Specialty Concepts in
California ((818)-998-5238) and some were made by GoSolar in Victoria,
Canada.  If it is a GoSolar version you should throw it away.  Shell
sold everything they had to us about 5 years ago.  We tossed the GoSolar
units and sold the Specialty Concepts one at very low prices.
If it is a Specialty Concepts unit, it will have a square pot at the
bottom of the circuit board on the back. Counter-clockwise lowers the
voltage.  They were originally set to charge to 14.4 volts.  That is
safe for most sealed batteries considering there will be some voltage
drop in the wiring.  There is no feature for equalization to worry about
with sealed batteries.
David

David Katz

Chief Technical Officer

AEE Solar

1155 Redway Drive

P.O. Box 339

Redway, CA  95560

Tel (707) 825-1200

Fax (707) 825-1202

dkatz at aeesolar.com <mailto:david at aeesolar.com>

www.aeesolar.com <http://www.aeesolar.com/>

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is
intended for the use of only the addressee and contains privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail reply and destroy the original
communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in
any manner.