[RE-wrenches] AC & DC in Raceway

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Sep 24 17:13:01 PDT 2009

On this one we can give John Wiles some credit. He was the only one years
ago to interpret that section (690.4) as preventing, say, running landscape
lighting in the same conduit as PV array wiring. He didn't make any
distinction between PV source and output circuits, or between DC and AC
current in the same conduit or raceway. But after getting his opinion I
stopped worrying about separating PV source circuits and it has never been
an AHJ issue here.

Allan Sindelar
Allan at positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer