[RE-wrenches] Service Magic

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Thu Sep 17 08:57:16 PDT 2009

Hi gang. I have gotten off-list email about this post. As one prominent wrench said, "I'm in favor of only knuckle busting info on RE-Wrenches."

In general, I agree. The list is here to help you with your wrenching business, so strictly speaking, the post is on the lighter side of the gray area.

What is usually not considered OK in the listserver world, is what is called cross-posting, or posting the same message on lists that may have many of the same members, so folks on both lists end up getting two copies of the post, and then simultaneous and different discussions ensue.

That said, I highly recommend that all wrenches subscribe to RE-Markets so that this kind of posting placed there can be effective for all of you. Also, that list has membership that are not qualified for RE-Wrenches, so you have the advantage of added marketing/business savvy from those good folks.

I will resend an old email about the other lists that are affiliated with the Wrench list, which includes info on how to subscribe to them.

Thanks, gang, I do appreciate all you do to help your comrades. That is the point of this list: to put more home-scale RE out there by increasing the knowledge and competence of wrenches. The better you do, the better the world does.