[RE-wrenches] FW250

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Aug 27 11:33:56 PDT 2009

I agree that the FW250 has a few shortcomings however it does work
out quite well on the AC side. My own system has a FW500 DC and a
FW250 on the AC side outputting to the existing service panel. It is
a bit crowded in the FW250 especially with the FW-SP-250 (surge
protector) however I can honestly say with the pre-made jumpers
Outback supplies there were no bloody knuckles involved. Also, as far
as I know Outback is now shipping built up FW250 power panels and I
believe they've addressed the shunt and negative bus issues. I
certainly like the E-Panel but the FW250 does have it's place on
certain systems and should remain as a viable option in a designer's
bag o' tricks.

Nick A Lucchese