[RE-wrenches] Oscilloscope

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:01:53 PDT 2009

Conrad,

This might sound really stupid, but double check to make sure you have AC
power to the inverter input terminals. I'm working from memory here, but I
think I remember Brian Farhi saying that the Fronius inverter first looked
for frequency before voltage, and no AC present will throw a frequency out
of spec error (zero is definitely out of range!).

However, if you need to get a scope you might want to consider getting one
of the USB scopes that are now available, especially if you tend to carry a
laptop with you on the jobsite anyway.  I picked up a PicoScope a while ago,
and have been pretty happy with the value for the buck.
http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope-specifications.html.  It's also really
handy in that it's small and packs up tight in a Pelican case with all my
meters.

Phil Undercuffler
Conergy