[RE-wrenches] 40+KW off grid - Suggestions

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 16 09:35:59 PDT 2009

Yes, the 100kW Satcon battery-based inverter has shown up on their website, but when we inquired about availability it appears they haven't built one yet and are fishing for someone desperate enough to cough up the $100k plus price tag. So, buyer beware. This is a 1st generation product with little track record beyond the lab, and the first few are going to pay the R&D bill apparently.

Just for the record, I'm enthusiastic about the other new SatCon inverters. They're efficient, and logically laid out for easy connection in the field.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
DC Power Systems