[RE-wrenches] AC Backfeed Battery Over-Charging

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 07:37:54 PDT 2009

Jeff I agree with Kent,
The OB is in the 'no grid mode' and as such is regulating the AC to be a perfect grid signal.  The thing to do is to use a second controlled load.  On smaller DGI inverters I use a Tristar 60 set for diversion load or use the DAvid Katz method and let the Outback Aux relay or the FNDC relay open a power relay that breaks the connection between the DGI inverter and the Bimodal inverter.

DT