[RE-wrenches] Broken Modules

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Mon Aug 3 06:47:21 PDT 2009

We have only had one broken module due to shipping damage and this was the bottom 200 watt module in a shipment where each 2 modules on the pallet were in heavy cardboard shipping boxes.  Of course this not discovered for several weeks until we worked our way down the stack.  However, since suppliers like Evergreen have switched to the plasic corners that allow stacking modules without any cardboard packaging, we have had no more breakage in shipment.  I assume the fork truck drivers now see a large stack of glass and take a little more care whenre thay ram the forks.

As far as what we did with our broken module (which taught a very expensive lesson about checking shipments), we keep it to show students in our training classes what happens when things go wrong.

Jeff Yago