[RE-wrenches] down-sizing main breaker

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:17:02 PDT 2009

if you read 690.64b it does mention both the buss rating AND conductors.

for years and years I thought it was just for the buss rating until i got called recently for the feeders being undersized and unable to accommodate the solar within 120%. I see a lot of sentiments in this thread that it is only for busing, and I would really like to discover a reference to that. Someone told me something about the difference of having main lugs and main breakers in the sub panel... i am looking into it.

>From the literal of 690.64 it would seem that if you are fed with #4 than you are stuck with 120% of 100a regardless of the sub panel rating.

nick