[RE-wrenches] High snow load on PV Modules

Brian White brianw at eagleroofing.com
Tue Jul 28 11:33:15 PDT 2009

I think that you are right, and since Suntech took over the license, the only involvement Open Energy has is 1-2% of Suntech's tile sales. Again, the Roof Tiles previously manufactured by Open Energy, are now manufactured and warranted by Suntech, Distributed by Eagle Roofing (North America), and Open Energy collects a 1-2% royalty. Based on my own personal experience, it is a good thing that Open Energy is now only involved on a VERY limited basis.

I do not think that Suntech will be making the 3ft / 34 Watt version, and will go straight to the 4ft / 50 Watt design. Both products are based on the same principal design and the back of the glass is supported.

Brian C. White
Sr. Design Engineer - PV Systems

Eagle Roofing Products
120 North Auburn Street - Suite 212