[RE-wrenches] AC coupled with grid and backup generator

Mark Dickson mark at oasismontana.com
Tue Jul 28 10:40:19 PDT 2009

Jeff,

I had this same hesitation when we first fired up our AC coupled system.
When speaking with Steve at outback and he was pretty sure that the
generator would put out dirty enough power that the Fronius inverter would
not like it and shut down.  He was correct-it goes into an error mode as
soon as the geni kicks on.  Once the generator shuts down the Fronius senses
the frequency is back within range and resets itself.  Turned out to be a
simple solution and has been operating flawlessly for almost a year now.

Good luck!

Mark Dickson

Oasis Montana Inc.

  _____