[RE-wrenches] myers hub

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Sat Jul 25 10:13:33 PDT 2009

Drake and Wrenches -

See pg 19 for a T&B Grounding hub: http://tnblnx3.tnb.com/emAlbum/albums/tc_us/tc_1_rigidoverspec.pdf

I'm not 100% certain on whether the standard hub on the page above qaulifies to be a suffient bonding solution in a non-concentric knockout. Their comment #3 "Sharper and Deeper Teeth on locknut and body designed for a more penetrating bite for improved bonding to the enclosure" isn't 100% clear.

This whole issue is interesting to me because we're installing a lot of SMA inverters and the integrated disconnect is very tight as many of you know. Our installers hate using the standard bonding bushings because they are such a pain to screw on and properly tighten down. I'm looking for a quicker alternate solution. Meyers hubs are a pleasure to use but I agree that they really aren't designed for use with EMT.

 -August