[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Grounding on a glacier, SunPower modules

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Jul 23 19:18:52 PDT 2009

boB,

I usually put only two in series and use MPPT to down convert to 12
volts. Some RV customers have 6~8 modules, series/parallel. I promote
the use of battery monitors in all systems so if there was a
performance issue, I would have seen or heard of it by now. RV
customers have nothing better to do than to stare at the monitors.
Really though, most RV full-timers are a dedicated group of "off-
gridders" conserving energy and water resources.

Now that you and Dan mention it, I did hear that the polarization
effect did not occur at low string voltages. I have never installed
any high voltage strings with SP.

Larry