[RE-wrenches] Fwd:_Grounding_on_a_glacier??

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 08:02:32 PDT 2009

atmospheric energy wants to return to the surface, to the "ground" arreators will have no use, so you have to establish a ground plane,
The driving of rods on the ends of a radial set of wires as much as to hold the bare radial wires.  this establishes a ground plane.  If lightening is present, place a lightening rod in center and if you are under the approximate shadow of the cone from rod tip to edge of ground plane you should be protected from most lightening strikes.
Darryl