[RE-wrenches] Trace non-volatile memory after market

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Jul 17 11:34:40 PDT 2009

boB,
Yeah, that's kind of my take on it. By now, if it was going to show a
failure, it would have already done so. I haven't seen a rash of failures
showing up in these older units that's simply attributable to age.

(The trick: the very first SWs had ten hex-head cover screws on the back,
meaning that to remove the cover for any service, the unit had to come off
the wall. Trace soon discontinued that overengineered redundance, and once
removed the screws could be left off, as they didn't serve a needed purpose.
This unit still has all its screws intact. I'm not sure that I can say the
same about myself, or maybe you either...)

Allan