[RE-wrenches] Inverter AM Interference

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Wed Jul 15 07:51:38 PDT 2009

Hi Jay,

About 18 months age (?) I inquired on the list about radio interference
from a somewhat early version of the Magnum MS4024 which I put in my
off-grid home (replacing an SW4024 which was fried by an amazing lightning
strike).  Never had any radio interference that I noticed with the SW.
Magnum had no real advice or thoughts about it, and said noone else had
complained about it - they mostly thought it was something I was doing (or
not doing).  It might be a slight change in the routing of the conductors
(it is siting on an E-Panel). It also interferes with the phone, both
wired and cordless.  I did try a little shielding around the wiring, and
switched cordless phones, so things are a little better, but FM radio
stations are certainly harder to get cleanly now (haven't tried AM). I
never was able to change it significantly, although I haven't tried some
of the electronic solutions that were suggested, that I'd have to dig back
through my notes to find at this point.

Wish I could be of more help,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar & Wind Incentive Program Partner
http://www.SunCatcherVT.com
(cell) 802-272-0004
(home) 802-439-6096