[RE-wrenches] Go for a boost style charge controller

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Jul 15 07:04:52 PDT 2009

If it has a board there are 2 set screws that are adjustable [ 1- upper set
point & 2 lower set point for reconnect] and you need to read the current
voltage and then apply a simple formula [using a calculator] figure out the
setting to adjust it to. It helped to have 2 DVM's  along with a calculator.
It has been a long time since I had to set one of these and I have no memory
as to the formula. If you cannot find it I still Have an ANANDA Power panel
in the shop [new] that may have this style of CC and an instruction book but
I would have to rip into the box .  Let me know if you cannot find it easier
than that. If you cannot I will go rummaging.

I would suggest an Outback Flexware or like style upgrade, it would be a lot
kinder to the battery bank.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

"I'd put my money on solar energy. I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
coal run out before we tackle that."

-Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March
1931