[RE-wrenches] fronius IG Plus practical engineering WAA???

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:29:11 PDT 2009

I should have clarified which derate I was applying.  If using the SqD heavy
duty unfused disconnects with two poles series connected, it is rated at
100% continuous, so only the "sunlight can be brighter than STC" derate need
be applied (30 / 1.25 = 24).  If using the fusible disconnect, then you'd
need to apply a second derate for the fuses (30 / 1.25 / 1.25 = 19.2 amps).

If you want to run a subarray through a single pole per the special listing,
then the 1.56 derate would apply, whether it's fusible or non-fusible.  In
addition, the maximum current per pole (the number you work back from) would
be *18*/60/100 amps -- due to arc clearance issues, apparently, they were
not able to obtain the full 30 amps on the smallest disconnect.

Again, it's great to have options, and Square D should be commended for
upping the ante and expanding the listings for their equipment to aid the
solar installer.

Phil Undercuffler

--------