[RE-wrenches] Solar Boost Controller in Senegal

Wind-sun.com windsun at wind-sun.com
Sun Jun 28 13:05:56 PDT 2009

That almost has to be a custom setup. There are a couple of similar units on
the Earthwalk site, but none of them mention either a controller or an
inverter (why the DR inverter I wonder - especially for Senegal, which is
not 120v/60hz ?). http://www.uspowerco.com/anypage.php?id=58

The use of the VCS is a bit odd.

As for your batteries being down to 5 volts, they might already be dead
meat. If your controller is dead, connect the panels directly to the
batteries for a while (bypass all the other stuff in the cart) to see if the
voltage comes up at all, if you can do so with that setup without a major
rewiring job.

Northern Arizona Wind & Sun - Electricity From The Sun Since 1979
Solar Discussion Forum: http://www.wind-sun.com/ForumVB/