[RE-wrenches] fronius IG Plus practical engineering WAA???

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Sun Jun 21 09:22:43 PDT 2009

Bob-O,

I noticed your comment about the HU361 and went back and reviewed the Data
Bulletin, Direct Current and Photovoltaic Systems, 08/2005.

This confirmed my understanding that the limiting factor on the 30A switch
in a photovoltaic applications is not 30A * 0.8.  The limiting factor is 18A
per pole or 11.5A Isc per pole.

Depending on the modules used, this may or may not preclude doubling up
strings on individual poles.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way