[RE-wrenches] fronius IG Plus practical engineering WAA???

Tom DeBates habitek83 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 09:05:29 PDT 2009

We recently installed an IG Plus 7.5. Since we were combining 8 strings, and the IGPlus has provision for 6 strings, we needed combine the strings before the inverter. The buss bars at the inverter allowed us to do this quite nicely. The inverter (at least in our case) came out-of-the-box with "slugs" in the fuseholders. Since we were fused at the combiner, we just left (all) the slugs in the fuseholders. This allows the terminal loading to stay <20A. It looks to be a very nice inverter.

good luck out there,
Tom