[RE-wrenches] Solar Pathfinder data manipulation

Greg Egan greg at remotepowerinc.com
Mon Jun 15 09:39:06 PDT 2009

Glenn,

Thanks for the quick response.  We override the latitude default because
we never install arrays at a latitude tilt angle.

90 degrees sheds snow.  That's setting 1.  Latitude minus 15 is the
other season.  So what we're doing is making 2 reports- one at 90 and
one at 52 for example - and then calculating the "winter" power
production at 90 degrees plus the "summer" power production at 52
degrees to get an estimate of the total annual power production at a
particular site.  What I wanted to do was export the data from SPA to
excel so I could combine the data from the 2 reports (summer and winter
settings) quickly and accurately.  It may be do-able with the SPA
software but I get an error message when I go into the EDIT menu and
click "copy report data".  I contacted SPA and they will get back with
me on it but I just thought that someone out there might have already
come up with a slick way of doing it already.

I just got off the phone with the SP folks and they are going to talk
with their programmers and see if they can't come up with an update that
would let users put in a different latitude for every month - so if they
are under snow Dec - January for instance, they could show the array
tilt as 90 for that period.

Thanks

Greg

--
Greg Egan

Remote Power Inc.
981 Gold Mine Trail
Fairbanks, AK 99712
P. 907.457.4299

U.S.Distributor for Outback Power Systems and other premium power equipment.

Hi Greg,

We use this tool & on the first page where you setup a new report, you can
specify the 'surface tilt settings' and override the Latitude default.

You can create a full report, then 'edit report' and change the tilt to run
other scenarios.

HTH

-Glenn Burt