[RE-wrenches] If anyone has input from an installer friend...

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Tue Jun 9 08:25:59 PDT 2009

Craig,

Just finished an installation that was sounds similar: grid connected
house with a 20-kW automatic generator backup.  We decided against
installing grid interactive inverters on the load side of the transfer
switch.   The site had a 400-amp disconnect switch located before the
automatic transfer switch because the transfer switch wasn't service
rated.   Tap for the inverters is on the load side of the service
disconnect before the transfer switch so the grid interactive inverters
never see the generator output.   There has to be a fused disconnect for
the inverters grouped with the service disconnect.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar