[RE-wrenches] Chinese solar cells and modules and pricing

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Mon Jun 8 15:36:24 PDT 2009

Wrenches,

I agree with Bill Brooks on the risks of purchasing from smaller less
established companies. From what I understand these modules are basically
hand made and QC along with material selection can make a major difference
in longevity.

I worked in a Chinese foreign partnership for about five years and learned
among other things that Chinese produced product reliability can vary
drastically. We would purchase say maybe 5000 units from a manufacturer with
perfect results and then purchase 5000 more a year later with 50% failure
rate.

Just my 2 cents. -August

August Goers

Luminalt Energy Corporation