[RE-wrenches] residential ITC and second homes

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Mon Jun 1 09:10:55 PDT 2009

 From DSIRE:
http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=US37F&re=1&ee=1
"The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s
principal residence."

And from the IRS:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5695.pdf
"Your main home is generally the home where you live most of the time. A
temporary absence due to special circumstances, such as illness,
education, business, military service, or vacation, will not change your
main home."

"Qualified solar electric property costs are costs for property that
uses solar energy to generate electricity for use in your home located
in the United States. This includes costs relating to a solar panel or
other property installed as a roof or a portion of a roof.The home does
not have to be your main home."

DKC