[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island 5048 & Enphase

Walt Ratterman wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com
Mon May 18 08:35:31 PDT 2009

Jeff:

The Sunny Island has one AC IN position.

If you use both Grid and Gen, this is OK, but you need to install a manual
transfer switch to select between the two, and you need to install a limit
switch contact in the transfer switch which can send a "close" signal to the
Sunny Island to let it know whether it is working on the Grid parameters or
on the Generator parameters.  If the parameters are the same, I guess it
doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Walt

Walt Ratterman