[RE-wrenches] lay in lugs

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 09:51:26 PDT 2009

Since we are talking lay-in lugs, the WEEB-Lug is clearly superior to either
the Burndy or Ilsco lugs because it takes 1/4" hardware, has a hex head set
screw set in a much more convenient manner and has a bonding plate so that
an anodized aluminum surface does not have to be ground off. Not sure I
would bother with the other lugs anymore since they cost about the same.

Someone mentioned that lugs don't last in their location. Simply because a
product is outdoor rated, or direct-burial rated does not mean you can leave
it alone and it will work forever. In high corrosion environments, all
exterior electrical equipment requires annual maintenance at a minimum.
These grounding systems will last with annual maintenance. Some locations
(outer banks of North Carolina, Florida Keys, etc...) may require even more
maintenance.

Bill.