[RE-wrenches] DR Power curve

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Apr 21 11:52:59 PDT 2009

Hi Bob,

This does not answer your question but may be of interest. Over the
years we have found that customers will operate 2 to 3 kW inverters
just to run 50 to 100 watt loads. Most of the time the inverter AC is
also connected to many parasitic loads. Combine that with the low
efficiency of operating a large inverter at low power and the
following makes much sense.

We recommend and install small dedicated sine wave inverters. For
instance, a refrigerator needs power 24/7. A well made inverter, like
an Invertek 600 watt, can power this load and leave the main inverter
off line. Lots of people are using CPAP breathing machines all night.
For under $100 we can put in a sine wave inverter that does double
duty during the day charging laptops, shavers, toothbrush or any small
load that needs to operate for extended periods. This has worked very
well in conserving power.

Just some food for thought.

Kindest Regards,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
(928) 941-1660
Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation

Mailing Address (NO SHIPPING):
11881 S Fortuna Rd.
Yuma, AZ 85367

Shipping and retail store (NO MAIL):