[RE-wrenches] Wattsun AZ-225 reliability and Production

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 14 02:35:03 PDT 2009

 Carl
 I have had only one callback out of 3 AZ225s installed.
 The E-W gearbox, a sheetmetal design had a weephole that was plugged during
 manufacturing. After over 2 years of flawless operation, the trapped
 moisture broke down the grease and the gears failed.
 Michael at Array Technologies rushed a complete motor/gearbox assembly and
 offered real time phone support during the somewhat complex repair process.
 The toughest part was re-aligning the cams that operated the microswitches
 on the timer. That process was really tedious and time consuming which is
 why the instructions say not to fool with the factory settings.
 Jim Duncan
 North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
 817.917.0527
 ntrei at earthlink.net