[RE-wrenches] FW: Battery impedance analyzers

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Mar 31 15:15:12 PDT 2009

Thanks Tump and to everyone else that offered input. I have purchased
a Biddle M-BITE impedance tester. After I have learned to operate this
multi-buck unit, I'll give a report on how useful I think it is for RE
system batteries.

I also use a West Mountain Radio CBA II with the 10X amplifier that
let's us do temperature compensated discharge tests up to 500 watts to
verify the actual AH capacity of a battery. The impedance test should
only take seconds per cell so I hope it replaces this discharge method
of testing.

Kindest Regards,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
(928) 941-1660
Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation

Mailing Address (NO SHIPPING):
11881 S Fortuna Rd.
Yuma, AZ 85367

Shipping and retail store (NO MAIL):