[RE-wrenches] MPPT greater than 150V

Christopher Freitas cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Mar 26 22:22:43 PDT 2009

OutBack has also been working on higher voltage MPPTs as well but we have chosen to not hype  unfinished/unreleased new products (i.e. vaporware).

Expect to see a new OutBack MPPT controller with many advanced features and new capabilities later this year - including higher input PV voltages. Just don't expect us to talk about it for years before shipping it...

There is still the question of the  efficiency trade off of higher PV array voltages vs lower voltage PV arrays - but we are sure it will be worthwhile in many installations and we will offer it.

We also have been shipping a wind version of the FLEXmax MPPT controller with the A.R.E. turbines for about a year now with very good performance - real installations at real customer sites - not just beta tests - and we are working with Bergey and others now as well.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power

Christopher