[RE-wrenches] Black Framed Modules

ASAP POWER! 2 info at asappower.com
Thu Mar 19 16:51:32 PDT 2009

So does Suntech.

  _____

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of wes kennedy
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:24 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Black Framed Modules

Hi All,

So does Kyocera.

Wes

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, Todd Cory <toddcory at finestplanet.com> wrote:

From: Todd Cory <toddcory at finestplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Sunpower modules
To: "RE-wrenches" <re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 4:55 PM

Mitsubishi also makes a black framed module.

Todd

Jeff Blick wrote:

Hiya Jeff,
You are correct that the sunpower modules are positively grounded.  You are
also correct that sunpower only deals with dedicated "dealers".  That means
that if you are not one of their dealers you cannot get their panels.  It is
my understanding that sunpower is always looking for new dealers, so you may
want to check in with them.  As far as architectural review committees and
such, we have never had a problem using SPR modules in the areas where
review is an issue.  The positive ground really does not affect aanything.
Instead of your negative wire being the grounded (white) conductor it is
your positive conductor that is grounded.  This means you are switching the
negative instead of the positive in the DC disco.  Sunpower sells packaged
systems, so they provide positive ground inverters from different
manufacturers.

Evergreen now has a black framed module, and I believe Sharp does too.

hope this helps, any other questions feel free to contact me.
Jeff Blick
Lead PV Installer
Sunlight Solar Energy, Inc.
direct: 541-306-4196