[RE-wrenches] Workshops in Washington

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 00:55:18 PDT 2009

Hi Wrenches,

I am not sure what the policy is for advertising on the list, but I
feel sure that some of you will be interested to hear that I will be
coming over to the USA next month to teach a couple of workshops in
Washington State.

Saturday, April 6 --11 I will be helping Roy Butler with a new course
called "Wind Electric Systems Maintenance and Repair" which will
include some tower work and some classroom theory sessions, etc.
We'll be taking an ARE turbine down from a 160 foot tower for example
(without a crane).  There will be plenty of wind turbines and plenty
of problems to chew over.

Saturday, April 13 --18 I will be doing my "Home Built Wind
Generators" workshop for the fifth time at Guemes Island.  It's
always a lot of fun.  We start off with a pile of raw materials and
end the week with at least one working turbine that we test.  I teach
about six of these each year in different locations, so I have got
the process quite well refined by now.

The courses are organised by Solar Energy International, and you can
get full details from them at http://www.solarenergy.org,  or from
the local organiser, Ian Woofenden at ian at solarenergy.org

Maybe I will get to meet some of you there.

Best wishes,

--
Hugh Piggott

Scoraig Wind Electric