[RE-wrenches] Recommendations for 10kW wind turbine

roger dixon roger.dixon at att.net
Wed Mar 4 14:28:04 PST 2009

Bergey, Jacobs/Wind turbine Industries, ARE (Abundant Renewable Energy) and
Ventera all offer 10kW units.  The first two companies have been around for
decades.  The latter two are newer to the market, but are being built and
installed, have verifiable track records, etc.  Ventera also has a 2kw solar
option for their turbine system.  I would advise that he buy the tower with
the turbine as a complete engineered system.  It will be made to support the
equipment on top and it is made to bolt together in the field without
needing to cobble up some sort of tower attachment plate for the turbine.
It also avoids the risk of an unintended tower collapse or other structural
issue.

Roger Dixon

Certified Wind Site Assessor

Skylands Renewable Energy, LLC

908.337.2057 cell

908.730.6474 fax

roger.dixon at att.net

SkylandsRenewD66bR03dP01ZL

Note: The information contained in this communication is confidential, may
be attorney-client privileged, may constitute inside information, and is
intended only for the use of the addressee(s).  It is the property of the
sender of this e-mail.  If you receive this e-mail in error, do not review,
disseminate, or copy it.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying of this
communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this communication and
all copies thereof, including all attachments.