[RE-wrenches] Solar Installers Association

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 14 18:28:40 PST 2009

Guys, The organization should benefit the members. Otherwise, why join? For
example, CALSEIA members get a pretty good deal on insurance and other
benefits. I'm sure we could offer a deal on insurance. What else would you
and other potential members want from the organization? What do you not
want? How much should annual membership cost?

Michael, I think we just need a few weeks to see if this idea gels. Can you
hold off a while before taking this string off the wrenches list so we can
see (1) if there is enough real interest and (2) what potential members want
and do not want?

Jeff, The main reason why ideas fail to materialize is lack of a champion.
This is your idea. One year wait is too long. In fact, in this fast-moving
world, one month can be too long. Michael, Joel, Ken, (Don?) and others are
ready to get behind you. Are you going to champion the association?

Joel Davidson