[RE-wrenches] Mounting to metal roofs and thermal expansion

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Sat Feb 7 20:46:11 PST 2009

I'm planning on flashing the bottom of the foot with urethane sealant,
then screwing down to the roof. After that, counter-flash with a ITW
metal roof flashing boot glued down only with a sealant (doesn't make
sense to add more holes to flash). I'm considering adding a weep hole
at the bottom in the counter flash boot on the down hill side.

As for the European foot, it is made by TiSun. They use a large metal
plate that screws through the hole cut in the metal roof, the metal
plate overlaps the roofing with a rubber seal held in compression
against the metal roof by the force of the screws.

But, yes it makes me nervous to cut a roof

Troy Harvey
Heliocentric
801-453-9434
taharvey at heliocentric.org