[RE-wrenches] Bidding conduct

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Thu Feb 5 13:31:35 PST 2009

I no longer give folks a laundry list.

I spec. a "System" price and do not provide a breakdown unless paid in
advance for the list so at least I get paid for my efforts. When folks whine
over the lack of information I over the list at a price and I question their
concern  [shopping].

I also do not do other folks lists, I insist on an energy analysis
[off-grid]. I start fresh with each client, I figure designing to someone
else's mistake becomes my own mistake [undersize or over sized design].

I figure that if their integrity sucks now, just wait till later. Also watch
out for people who dangle carrots about another system later, these folks
have been the biggest nightmares, esp. lawyers who do this.

Our Byline is "Responsible systems for Responsible people". Try to keep them
responsible.

Thanks -

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

"I'd put my money on solar energy. I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
coal run out before we tackle that."

-Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March
1931