[RE-wrenches] Prices on PV

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 16:40:19 PST 2009

I admire your idealism, but local contractors play a zero-sum game; one guy gets the job that the other guy loses. Pricing strategy is an important part of a business' competitive advantage. If you are operating a profitable business and disclose your costs, then competitors will use that information to meet and beat your price. If your work is outstanding like original artists or high quality or you are so well liked for other reasons that people will only buy from you, then you have no competition - until someone comes along who is better, faster, cheaper than you.