[RE-wrenches] top of pole mount pipe problems

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Feb 4 04:32:42 PST 2009

As long as this theme is still running – Please do not install an 8” mount on a 6” pole or 6” mount on a 4” pole. I have run into this a couple of times with a welded “adaptor” on top of the pole. Both instances the pole and array were 35° to 40° blown over to the down wind direction with the array still attached. There was no $ savings in the long run.

Thanks -

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

“I'd put my money on solar energy… I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and coal run out before we tackle that.”

—Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March 1931