[RE-wrenches] Low Voltage Alarm Based on cell phone text message

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Feb 2 14:07:10 PST 2009

Thank you everyone for your input. The client has confirmed that there is a
good Wireless Router signal at the site and has asked us to look at (1) an
email notification and (2) web browser interface.

Right now we have specified a Blue Sky Energy Solar boost 3024i. They have
an auxiliary output, with a V-high and V-low programmable sense voltage
settings. When the battery voltage is greater than the V-high for more than
20 sec, the aux output is the battery voltage. When the battery voltage is
less than the V-low point for more than 20 sec, the aux output voltage goes
to zero.

The problem as I see it, is that we need two signals. One a warning and one
the actual disconnect. If we let the built-in function supply the disconnect
function, then we will still need a second sense/control widget to provide
the warning signal.

So we need a sense signal and an internet-enabled widget that will (1) send
a fixed email message on the command signal and (2) if possible provide some
level of status in a browser window.

So does anyone have any solutions for (1) and possibly (2)? Thanks in
advance.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com

  _____