[RE-wrenches] Magnum Energy 120/240 inverter problem.

Warren Lauzon windsun at wind-sun.com
Thu Dec 24 08:56:46 PST 2009

That is a problem we have not seen before with those inverters, though not unheard of with electronics in general. From my experience it is usually due to an electrolytic capacitor being out of spec (or wrong one)., but can also be from some solid state component, or even the main processor or ROM being out of spec for temperature.

I would be curious if the inverters are all similar serial numbers and when they were manufactured.

Northern Arizona Wind & Sun - Electricity From The Sun Since 1979
Solar Discussion Forum: http://www.wind-sun.com/ForumVB/